We are hiring a Physical Therapist!
Do you want the opportunity to collaborate with other health care providers including a team of chiropractors and massage therapists? Does working for a private practice with an ownership/equity position potential appeal to you? Schofield Chiropractic Group, the Cedar Valley’s leader in chiropractic care, is expanding our vision for providing outstanding, cost effective, conservative management of musculoskeletal disorders by adding a physical therapist to our team of providers. Our owner-operated practice has been a part of the Cedar Valley for over 30 years and is the areas most comprehensive chiropractic center for conservative pain management. We are currently the only private practice in the Cedar Valley that owns an Alter G anti-gravity treadmill and we offer compression therapy through NormaTec boots. Our doctors are trained in dry needling, The Graston Technique, and pediatric and maternity chiropractic care to name a few. The doctors and staff at Schofield Chiropractic Group take pride in treating patients with compassion and integrity, helping patients achieve their health and wellness goals and improve their quality of life. Our vision for the future is to further our reputation as the premiere provider for the treatment of a variety of musculoskeletal disorders by offering physical therapy to our menu of services. Our comprehensive list of therapies, paired with Myo Massage as a co-tenant, patients will have the benefit of a collaborative model of health care that cannot be matched anywhere in the Cedar Valley.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated person who wants to be a part of a dynamic team to fill a newly created full time position as a physical therapist at our location in Cedar Falls. This person will collaborate with Doctors of Chiropractic as well as Licensed Massage Therapists to develop and implement treatment plans specific to each patient to achieve positive outcomes.
- Marketing, developing, and growing patient base through effective strategies and initiatives.
- Provide patient assessments to assist in determining most effective treatment option (PT, chiropractic, massage therapy).
- Restore patients’ function, alleviate pain, and prevent disabilities by planning and administering the recommended treatment.
- Provide quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results.
- Collaborate with staff, chiropractors, and massage therapists to achieve optimum outcomes.
- Determine treatment plans in consultation with chiropractors and medical doctors.
- Help patients accomplish goals of treatment plan by administering appropriate modalities and exercises as necessary.
- Develop relationships with referring doctors in the Cedar Valley area.
- Evaluate and record patient’s progress, modifying treatment plans, and revising or adopting new treatments if required.
- Document patient care with accurate and timely charting in Electronic Health Record.
- Instruct patients in proper in-home exercises and therapies.
- Educate patients about the treatment process and expectations.
- In collaboration with marketing specialist, market Alter G anti-gravity treadmill to area physicians and develop initiatives to utilize Alter G in the treatment of relevant musculoskeletal conditions.
Physical Therapist Qualifications/Skills:
- Proficient in Functional Assessment Screening/Tests
- Effective communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to connect and relate to patients
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Persuasion skills
- Instructing and teaching skills
- Basic computer skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of accredited university/college
- Licensed in the state of Iowa as a physical therapist
- Basic life support (BLS) certification
- Minimum of 5 years of physical therapy experience
Schofield Chiropractic Group offers a competitive compensation package including a $10k hiring bonus, PTO, an employer sponsored retirement plan, paid holidays, and a positive work environment. If you are highly motivated, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and want to be part of an owner operated clinic where you are a valued member of the team, we want to hear from you! This position will remain open until filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Please email a cover letter and resume to: Dr. John Schofield at [email protected].