One of the most common ailments people suffer from is chronic neck pain. The neck supports the head and holds up the bones from the starting point of the spine, so it can be debilitating when it is in pain. Straining the neck, sleeping in a weird position, and bending to look at a screen are common causes of neck pain. At Schofield Chiropractic PC, serving Cedar Falls and Waterloo, IA, we can help with neck pain. Our chiropractor will diagnose you and provide the proper treatment to allow you to live a pain-free life.
Symptoms of Neck Pain
Neck pain can cause a variety of symptoms. Some of the most common symptoms that occur are:
- Stiff neck
- Limited mobility of the neck or the head
- Pain in the neck after keeping it in one position
- Arm weakness
If symptoms persist, it’s important to get treatment. If left untreated, your neck pain could worsen or lead to other health complications.
Causes of Neck Pain
The cervical spine is an essential part of the body that needs to be well taken care of. However, it is also prone to injury, which makes this difficult. Some of the most common causes of neck pain are:
- Sleeping in a bad position
- Poor posture
- Repeating the same type of motion
- Applying too much pressure on the shoulder, which can happen by carrying heavy bags
- Osteoarthritis, which is typically associated with cartilage degeneration in joints
- Injuries that may have resulted from car accidents, especially a whiplash injury
- Straining of the muscles in the neck, especially when gritting teeth or straining to see computers or smartphones
- Certain diseases may result in neck pain, like cancer or meningitis
- Compression of nerves around the neck may occur from a misaligned cervical spine
Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain
Our chiropractors can help with your neck pain. We know that a properly aligned neck and spine is vital to avoiding pain and injuries. Many of our chiropractic care methods work to realign the body.
Our chiropractor will examine you to find the root cause of your pain. After a diagnosis, we will create a personalized treatment plan for your condition. This often includes chiropractic adjustments. We use spinal adjustments to realign the spine and neck, which alleviates pressure and pain. Our chiropractor can also use the Graston technique, which is a soft tissue therapy that improves mobility in the neck. We also offer physiotherapy and exercises to help you avoid future pain and injuries.
Schedule an Appointment for Neck Pain Treatment
If you are suffering from neck pain, don’t wait to get treatment. At Schofield Chiropractic PC, serving Cedar Falls and Waterloo, our chiropractor provides natural, non-invasive treatment methods for neck pain and other conditions. To learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, call us today at (319) 277-5616.